Bright Local had a great webinar on local search internet marketing. Below the video and slides are my cliff notes.
Mike Blumenthal – Google Places
- Categories are limited but upstream sources like yellow pages it will pick up their categories and from working on your home page.
- 150+ words descriptions – best elevator pitch.
- To rank in Maps you need social & review data
- Add this to a search to see places order: &tbm=plcs
- Use great square photos
- Take an ad on your brand
- ?Keyword mapping: http://www.seobythesea.com/2011/08/google-boost-search-rankings-category/
- Centroid of the industry, etc… where all the auto dealers are.
- Suite differences aren’t that bad
- Business pages can review other business
- Said you can’t upgrade G+ local if you are a service business
- IOS matters way more then anyone is thinking. The only 1 seed out to them we aren’t listing on is http://www.factual.com/contact. We are testing acxiom: https://mybusinesslistingmanager.myacxiom.com/.